Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Memories

When I was little, I loved Easter. The jelly beans, the stuffed bunnies, the chocolate, the dresses, and even the white patent leather shoes.  This year, I nearly missed Easter.

I can say it now that it's public: we filed the GMX Resources bankruptcy this past week. And, like any other chapter 11 filing, it took a lot of work.  I used to lament that I haven't been to trial since 2005. But really, a chapter 11 is a trial--with about 60 pleadings to go along with it on the first day.  We edited on the Saturday before Easter Sunday. I managed to put together a lasagna, an Easter egg hunt, some white dress shoes, and ruffled tights.  On Sunday, we managed church as a family, including Poppy, the great baby whisperer (GiGi was good almost the entire service!) and Grandma, who GiGi has now determined to call "Shotzy"--at least for this weekend.

I fell asleep in RJ's bed while trying to tuck him in for a nap, leaving Auntie Amy to fend for herself downstairs. (Not really, she and my mom had a great visit, but still, Emily Post would never fall asleep at her own party.). Then, I worked and edited and revised for 6 more hours. We filed the case at 7 a.m. on Monday.

To say I've been busy is an understatement at best. But, I did manage a few pictures:


This is the only hairstyle she'll let me do. She knows the deal. When she sees me coming, she begins, "Ow, owie, ouch!" She knows. It hurts to be beautiful. 



We made it to the church Easter egg hunt. These two are the best of friends.  They crack each other up. And that makes me crack up too. 



This is how little boys really want to celebrate Easter. 


Eggs! We got eggs!


Sissy got an egg too. Actually, she got two. But her brother helped make sure she didn't have too much to carry. She was happy enough with her bunny basket from Gma C. 

His school Easter egg hunt was nearly as exciting. 




This. This is what happy looks like. 


This. This is what friendship looks like. Look carefully, RJ's bestie is sharing eggs with him.



This is also what friendship looks like when you're a four-year old boy. (Someday when I'm 60, this will be the coolest picture ever. Did we really drive cars like that?!)


Easter cookies at our little Lutheran school.


Shhhhhhh, don't tell, but I think he's smitten. 


We managed a few hours out back. Some decisions I regret. The play set is not one of those regrettable decisions. 




They have lots to talk about, especially their crazy mom. 


The Easter Bunny brought a bubble machine!



He also brought books, toy cars, and a Samantha doll (quite possibly the best thrift store find ever). But all GiGi really wanted was jelly beans. Lots of jelly beans. 


He's quite dapper. 


And she's quite the little lady. 


When I was 8, I asked if I could wear a suit for Easter. GiGi got her first suit a little sooner. 


She has her own sense of style. 




Did you hear?! Did you hear?! He has risen!


Optimus Prime. 


Or maybe just a little boy with a bubble gun on a sunny Sunday morning. 


She loves her little house. And, she's quite the clean freak. You'd never guess that this adorable little lady is the same little person who spits Koolaid on the floor and comes to find Mommy saying, "Juice! Ew!" Just so that she can get a rag to clean it up. 



Welcome to my home. Please come in. 


I won't tell you how many pictures I took to get this one. Let's pretend it was just one. Because it was Easter Sunday, and they love each other. 


Most of the time she's a little lady. But when she's not, she's really not. 


He planted these tulips with his grandma. Every morning, he wants to check on them. 



I look tired. I am tired.


Tired and happy. Happy to have celebrated with family, jelly beans, pretty dresses, and even six hours of edits, orders, and motions. But mostly happy just to have found 30 minutes to record another family milestone for the family album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment