Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just A Couple of Mini-Milestones

One of the things I've learned being a mom is to celebrate the mini-milestones. Make memories; save memories (so that someday when I'm old and forgetful, I won't forget quite so much).  So, tonight, I'm celebrating a couple of mini-milestones.

From the time he was about six months old, RJ has always had fabulous hair. If you ask him, he'll tell you so. But really, he was blessed by the Follicle Fairy:


Boy Genius had fabulous hair. 


No really, it was remarkable. 


Women pay good money for hair like this. 


Who are we kidding, I would pay good money if I could have hair like this. 


Even when it was bad, it was good. 


Well, most of the time it was good. (I confess. I did this to my child.). 


Even he knew it was a bad haircut. 


He survived. So did his hair. But, it's hot. And he's a soccer star. 


So, we finally got the boy a real haircut (again). 


This was his first "real" haircut--the "Bieber" courtesy of the Disney World Barbershop. 


He and I both think that Sport Clips did an equally good job. Maybe even better--particularly since it didn't require a four hour flight. He still has fabulous hair.
(Can someone please, pretty please, slow down the clock? He's getting so big!)

GiGi is growing up too, though suffering from a chronic case of Second Child Syndrome. 

When RJ went to the dentist the first time, we took pictures--many, many pictures. And he got a toy and most likely some kind of trip to McDonald's too. 

I remembered the camera for GiGi's first trip to Dr. Garzon (we really like her): 


She wasn't too keen on the toy selection. But then again, it was 8 o'clock in the morning--well before the princess normally awakes. 



She wasn't too sure about all of it, but a Barbie car helped some. 


In the end? She was a champ. A total rock star. No tears. No tantrums. All GiGi. (She and her brother got donuts as a reward. I know. Donuts. Right after the dentist. I try to be a good mom. Sometimes being a good mom means forgetting momentarily that donuts are made of sugar.). 

Haircuts? Trips to the dentist? Not usually worth much more than a calendar entry to be forgotten by week's end. But, for a mom? These are the things we want to remember. The mini-milestones that make up my world these days. 






No comments:

Post a Comment