Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Even More Bits and Pieces

By now, it's established: RJ is a talker. As his daddy says, "The child is allergic to silence." He just never stops talking. And because he never stops talking, he is a constant source of entertainment:

Mommy:   "Next week is career day at school. What do you want to be when you grow up?"

RJ:  "Optimus Prime!"

Mommy:  "Really? Not a doctor?"[because we have a doctor's kit already] "Or a lawyer?" [Give the kid a red pen and an old iPhone and he's ready to go]

RJ:  "No."

Mommy: "What about a truck driver?"

RJ:  "Too many hours."

Mommy (thinking sports are an obvious sell): "What about a baseball player?"

RJ:  "Too much hitting." "But can I be Spiderman when I grow up?"

Mommy:  "Absolutely!" [because we have Spiderman PJ's at the ready.]


He gives me fashion tips:

On seeing me in fishnet stockings, RJ tells me, "Mommy! Your legs are in jail!"

And he lets me know exactly what he thinks of my dancing:

"Mommy, I want to do cool dances, not lady dances."

He is my entertainment.

Meanwhile, his baby sister is becoming my daily mommy panic.

She's a climber, a daredevil of her own kind. Today, she took a tumble off a tricycle at school. The end result? A baby girl with a bloody nose. But, she knows how to make it better:

Sparkly things always make a girl feel better:



So does chocolate (her daddy brought her an ice cream cone since she had a rough day). I think he's a little smitten. 



She is Prissy (yes, with a capital "P"): 


This isn't posed. It's really how she plays.


This is really how they play. He's going to make a fantastic husband someday. I bet he'll know that chocolate can fix a bad day too. 



This, on the other hand, is totally posed. She was getting ready to greet my lady lawyer friends who came to visit last Friday (more on that later--because the best part of being a lady lawyer is getting to hang out with other lady lawyers).


This is posed too, but someday I'll forget that it was posed, and I'll think it's the cutest little barefoot picture ever: 



Soon enough, I'll get back to writing about things more interesting than bare feet and bloody noses, but for tonight, these are the things I want to remember best of all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment