Thursday, September 27, 2012

GiGi's First Birthday

A year ago, I was in the hospital with a brand new baby girl. 


She was happy and smiley the first day.  So was I. There were a lot of ruffles in my future. 


She was really tiny. I knew I wouldn't break her.  


Because I hadn't broken her brother. I could do this. 


It hasn't been an easy year. But GiGi is an easy baby. Joyful. Chunky. Huggable. Snuggable. And so we celebrated GiGi:


A Minnie Mouse Cake. Because she survived Disney World!


Scarlett O'Hara had to eat her pre-party snack too. She wants to eat like a lady at her party. 


I'm a mom! These are my babies! I can't believe it either. 


I loved the '80s. I'm so glad their floral prints are back.


Moms, let your daughters eat cake. It's good for their self esteem. (Let your sons eat cake too--because if you don't give them a piece, they'll sneak frosting.). 


"Whooo! It's uuuuuum!"


Sticky fingers make me smile.


So do ruffle butts and saddle oxfords.


Puppies make GiGi smile. (I told you, she's snuggable.). 


We rounded out the birthday party with naked four wheeling. 
We will not be doing this for her sweet 16.



Cake!


What is cake?


Cake!


I get it. It's Yum!



GiGi, you're beautiful. Never lose those thighs. Don't ever refuse the cake. Be joyful. Be happy. 
Be my baby forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment