Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elmo is my best friend?


Elmo is my best friend.

This is what R.J. tells me. At first, I didn't believe him. Then, because I am a mommy, I worry. Elmo is a muppet (?). He's a puppet. Commercially marketed with the sole purpose of spending mommy's money. [I am a product of modern American marketing; I believe beauty editorials, and I want a pair of Sperry Topsiders more than anything this season.]


But, Elmo is there when we're pouty (watching closely--how can he not watch closely? The little red monster's eyes are eerily unblinking. And stiff.)


He is the subject of unconditional toddler affection. [I melt when R.J. snuggles with me like this].



Elmo entertains. His potty video is particularly entertaining--or horrifying in that toddler potty kind of way.

Elmo vacations. 

Elmo is there when we are angry. His smile never fades. He never covers his ears to muffle toddler screams (That comes from living on Sesame Street--you get used to the noise I suppose).

Elmo. Is. Fashion.

See above.

Elmo loves mommy too. 


I wanted to dress like my best friend too. 


Elmo is a good listener. And he tells the best stories. 


And really, at the end of the day, isn't this what friendship is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment