Sunday, May 5, 2013

She's Got the Look

GiGi's gonna be a super model. Or not. Because, despite my best efforts, she certainly has her own look now and again, and the closer she gets to two, the more I see of the GiGi look (warning--this is really just an excuse for me to get all nostalgic and sappy happy over baby pictures):

Super model stuff. She's ready for the swimsuit competition (for the most part--the lil' swimmer diaper might be a point deduction--or two).

She was SO little! And this was less than a year ago!

Her first birthday. The second one is coming too soon.

Oh how I love baby grins.

The shirt that started her super hero fascination. She takes every chance to steal her bubba's PJs. 

Her first attempt at accessorizing. I think she did pretty well. 

Somehow, I can imagine her as a college freshman when I look at this picture. It scares me. 

I would do a headstand while eating a red lollipop and singing the theme song to "The Fresh Prince" for this grin. 

Busted. She's in her brother's PJ drawer looking for another outfit. 

She found his Thomas pants. 

Even when she's not in charge, she winds up in some ridiculous outfits. 

But she totally picked this out herself. 

And this. I'm telling you, she wants to be just like her bub. Right down to his Thomas underpants. 

But on occasion, she totally girlies it up. 

And sometimes her mother makes her wear adorably ridiculous sun bonnets from the 70's. 

And then there's those nights. 

Or the days when she discovers her mother's old tap shoes. 

Again, she wants to be just like her brother. I'm powerless to stop her. Thank God he's a very good boy.

Someday she'll tell her children stories of how her mother made her wear saddle shoes to school. Because why not? Saddle shoes are adorable. 

But quite frankly so are boots with fur. 

And sparkly t-shirts with big headbands.

We managed to get her in her own PJ's--but with her bubba's bear. 

When you're short, sometimes your skirts are just a little too modest. 

A lady always wears an apron to cook. 

Her brother's shirt. Again.

He's very accommodating to her demands for his PJ's. 


But how could you refuse this grin?

Sometimes she pauses just long enough for me to catch a picture in (1) a pretty sweater; (2) with a pretty bow; and (3) a sweet expression. Very rare. 

This is a far more common look around our house (for GiGi--the rest of us do wear pants--most of the time anyway).

Of course, this is also kind of common around our house too. It was crazy sock day. He looked amazing.

This just makes me smile. 

So does this. I can't believe he's five. 

He has so very much to say these days. 


I love a baby in shorts. Those thighs!

I wanted a sweet picture of both of them before they outgrew their striped feetie 'jamas. They gave me one. 

One only. Take note of the airborne baby doll. She's not a fairy. She does not have wings. 

This is pretty cute too. It's the magic of digital photography. Because her brother is just to the left with his finger up his nose. 

This was on our mini vacation last month, which I still need to write about. I'm behind. Our wifi was down. Any excuse will do. But for now, here are some baby thighs in short shorts. Because this makes me smile. 

She knows how to get ready to go. "Alright!" she tells me, "Go!" You can't see, but she has keys in her other hand. I think I take it as a compliment that she knows a lady needs her purse, sunglasses and keys before leaving the house. I'm not sure where I come down on the hotpants and boots. 

This is my hope for the summer. Comfort. Ice cream. 

Happy, messy summer days. 

This is still her drawer. At some point, she will outgrow it, and I'll fill it with place mats and forget. 
So, for now, I'll continue to take her picture every time she's in it. So someday, when she's 35, and I'm old, I'll remember that there was a day when I kept a drawer filled with Tupperware lids, just so that my baby would have a place to call her own. 
This is how she'd look everyday if I had the time and energy. And if she and I always agreed on her look. 

Or rather, this is how she would look. Because she prefers one shoe to two. 

The last laugh? It's always GiGi's. But really, how could I disagree with a toddler like this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment