Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Once Again, I Catch Up on Us

I admit it. I'm a slacker. Or, at least I've been one the past few weeks. It's not that I haven't taken pictures, it's just that I haven't been able to put 20 minutes together to marry the pictures with the stories.   That's my way of apologizing for what's about to follow; it's not particularly interesting, or thought provoking. I just have to keep my family album up to date. And, since it's 2013, and I've somewhat joined the digital age, this is my family album (at least until I retire and finally have time to put the 1000s of photos into some kind of real album). So, I present....us:


This happened. Ben likes to sleep in GiGi's crib. Sometimes he sneaks in when I'm not looking and snags a little cat nap. This isn't posed. Her favorite book really is the kitten book, and the kitten really does look like Ben. They're buds. 


Diamonds may be a girl's best friend, but my first macaroni necklace comes in a close second. Of course, it's just on loan. RJ told me he made it for himself, but I can borrow it whenever I want. 


Sister has learned to work it.  She models her boots with the fur...and not much else. Once again, a trend she will not be sporting when she's a teenager. 


And those teen age years seem closer than they should. Baby sis has learned to drive. (Or, she thinks she can anyway. The wheel isn't connected, but please don't tell her. She feels pretty big about it.). 


This is what evenings look like (when the floor is picked up). We play a lot of Mario Kart while the weather is cold. 


RJ's class had pajama day. "Mom," he tells me, "I get to bring a pillow!" He's the only one who did. "Everyone shared with me!" I bet they did. 



She has adopted Blue Bear. 


And, she's started cooking with me. How can she possibly be this big?!


RJ is off to fight the bad guys with his new spider web. 


Someone is pretty pleased with a few warm days and her little slide. 


But, we spend a lot of time inside too. And sometimes, it gets kinda crazy. 



This is his mean face. I'm not sure he'll convince many people that's he's a tough guy. 


We're working on her Miss America smile. This isn't it. But, this grin sure makes me smile. 



Some people might say....


...they resemble each other a bit....(though GiGi is jealous of her bub's hair). 


Not too jealous though. They really do love each other. It's kind of incredible to see this kind of love under age five. Amazing really. 


RJ's got an arm. 


This really isn't the best picture, but seriously, look at the boy's hair. It is incredible. I'm jealous of it. 


My apologies to our neighbors. He's not nosey really. He just wants to know what's going on over there, so he can talk about it at dinner. 


She's short. Like, really short. So, her little school jumper is more like a maxi skirt. And yes, she does have tennis shoes on with it. We're pretending she's walking on her lunch hour (because she outgrew her Mary Jane's, and Mommy has been too busy to try to track down new dress shoes. It happens.  Even to shoe fashionistas like GiGi). 

Grandma Cathy sent cookies! 



Did you hear me? Cookies!!!! (GiGi has a new word not so coincidentally, "Coo-KEE!")


GiGi got new shoes (unfortunately not dress shoes, so we're still pretending she's walking on her lunch hour or leaning heavily toward the athletic look--it suits her.). 


After waiting all winter, he finally got to play in the snow. I think he's excited. Most exciting? Hitting mommy in the head with a snowball. Least exciting? Mommy getting a snowball down his shirt. It was an accident. I promise. 


GiGi was not nearly so amused with the snow. But, she learned a new word, "No." (Not to be confused with her favorite word, "NO!" It's all about the expression.). 


RJ is learning to write. And it's hard work. 


And, my little woman is learning to cook. Of course, her biggest concern is wardrobe, but fortunately, Grandma saw to it that she's properly outfitted for all of her cooking needs. 


And, there you have it. Us, being us. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment