Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fight! Fight! Fight!


I went to a junior high where the call rang out at least once a week: "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Sometimes the moms even got involved.  (All my West Junior High ladies know what I'm talking about.). Most often it was just 13 year old girls--because there's nothing meaner than a 13-year old girl. And man, did they ever know how to fight. Biting, scratching, tearing at clothes. Not  pretty.
Not something I want my little girl involved in, that's for sure.

I know GiGi is tough. She handles her brother's snuggles and his tussles. She'll fall down, look at her knees, and get right back up.

So, when I was greeted by, not one, not two, but three different moms today at school, I knew something was up.

It seems my GiGi got in a playground fight.

Avery pulled her hair. Serious business. If they could talk, the other kids in the class would have been holding hands in a circle around my little chickadee and Avery yelling, "Fight, fight, fight!" As it was, I understand that they watched for a minute and went back to graham cracker time. A 1- year old just isn't as mean as a 13-year old.

Avery's mom greeted me, "Avery pulled GiGi's hair. I'm soooo sorry." (Avery is two months older than GiGi. About 2 foot 10 with blond pigtails and pink sparkly tennis shoes. A bruiser.).

How bad could it be?

GiGi's first teacher (a mom) tells me, "She cried. But she's okay."

Well of course she's okay. Of course she cried. It's a one-year old smack down.

GiGi's second teacher (also a mom) tells me, "But there's no bald spot."

Hold up. Bald spot? How hard did Avery pull? Bald spot!? She's one! How does she even have the pincer grasp down that tight?

Fight! Fight! Fight! Mommy wants to fight! (Okay, not really. It's kind of funny. Since there's no bald spot.).

GiGi survived. But, I'm not sure about Avery's mom. I saw her carrying Avery to the car, giving her a good talking to. Avery looked at her mommy and squarely head-butted her in the face. Someone needs a nap.

Here's hoping there are no more playground fights for my little lady. She's not 13 yet. And mommy can't handle bald spots (or bruises, scratches, or bites).

No comments:

Post a Comment